BlogLovin

Oh. My. Word. I got and Award!

Okay, so I am really darn excited this morning! I think I am going to have to take you play by play in this post. It wont take that long....promise.
So first I work up {8:30} and my husband woke up with me, which is never the case {he is an 11:00 rise and shine on a Saturday kinda guy}! Then he made me french toast! Yummy, right? This was a surprise and a great tasting one. I just love my husband. Well the day just kept getting better because then I went onto my blog and found that I had a new comment. But this was no ordinary comment. This comment was special. It was to inform me that a fellow blogger was awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. How amazing is this? I think I must have reread it at least 3 times before I headed over to her blog and checked out the award. You know those moments in life when you think to yourself, "is this really happening?" Well, that was me. So check out my new award! So cute! Now I am going to have to create a new catagory on the side of my blog {that's a good thing}!



So you are probably wondering who awarded me this blog award, well it is from a brand new blogger! She has been teaching for 12 years but has just started her blog. It has been up and running for 2 weeks now. Tammy is just so friendly. She has commented on my blog and checks back in when I respond! She takes the time to engage in conversation with fellow bloggers and that is so refreshing to me! So thanks Tammy for being such a friendly blogger. I couldn't have asked for a better person to award me this award. Please go check out her blog by clicking here, Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis.


Now with an award there is always rule you need to follow and I am not one to break rules. Here is what the rules are:



1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you - Thank you Tammy!!!

2.  Include a link to their site - Check!

3.  Include the award image in your post - Yum, how could I not?

4.  Give 7 random facts about yourself - Check them out below!

5.  Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award- I need to think about this one!

6.  When nominating, include a link to their site - coming soon!

7.  Let other bloggers know they've been nominated – Done.


So here are some 7 very random facts about myself.

1. I have a blue Chihuahua {she isn't really blue, but that is what color her coat is described as} that is the other love of my life! She is my creating buddy and loves to be in my lap when I am working on new units.



2. Mark proposed to me at the Gaylord Palms Ice Show. This is so no like my husband {he doesn't like to get up in front of people he doesn't know} and I was totally in shock. I really turned into an awkward and nervous person this night when all eyes were on me. (I forgot to look at the camera in every photo)



3. I love Greek Salads and will usually order one whenever I get the chance! The one that I had on our honeymoon was my favorite, one of the best that I have ever had. It wasn't your traditional Greek Salad.



4. I am blessed to work with teachers that are not only the best colleges ever, but some of the best friends a girl could ask for.




5. I love ice cream! My favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!



6. I am have a younger brother named Michael. We are 2 years apart and both born on the 2nd of a month.



7. Last, I love flowers but I really enjoy sunflowers. One summer Mark and I grew sunflowers at his parents house.





Alright so before I go I wanted to let everyone know that I am editing my Daily 5 Classroom Pack.



Tammy had asked me if I would create cards and things for computers since that is a part of the Daily 5 for so many teachers. So Of course I said, "yes"! But that is not all I am adding. There are also fellow teachers that have to send their students to the library during their reading block so I am also creating library cards for the rotations display. I am in the process of making them and will have the new pack up and ready to download by the end of the weekend at the latest {I am hoping to squeeze a little surprise into the pack as well}. Okay well have a relaxing weekend. I can tell this is going to be a great day for me, I hope it will be a great day for you.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on receiving The Versatile Blogger Award!

    I am nominating you for the One Lovely Blog Award !

    Please stop by to pick them up and check out the
    rules at The Resourceful Apple:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to my RSS Feeds
Favorite Blogs

© 2013 The Teaching Reef

Web Design by Mark Moyer

Web Elements by Trixie Scraps Designs